Gujrat is an important state in India, it is located in the western part of India. Wilson hills is a very famous hill station here. If you are thinking of going to Wilson Hills station in Gujarat, then before going, you will definitely want to know all the information about this Hill Station.
Here I am going to tell you in detail about Wilson Hills such as how to go, what is worth seeing, what is the place like, and how will you reach it, etc. So that you do not have to face any kind of trouble. So, let’s start.
About Wilson Hills
Wilson Hills is a special hill station in Gujarat, it is located in Dharampur Tehsil, Valsad near Surat in Gujarat. Wilson Hills is located in an area with dense forests. It is located near the Pangarbari Wildlife Sanctuary. This Hills station is one of the stations from where the sea can also be seen.
Wilson Hills was opened by Lord Wilson and the last king of Dharampur, Vijay Devji. Lord Wilson was the Governor of Mumbai and the hills are named in his memory.
The average height of the Wilson Hills is 750 meter (ie 2500 ft). This hill station provides a cool feeling of coolness during summer.
Here you will like the winding roads (zigzag road), greenery covered hills, cloudy clouds, waterfalls, and fog during the rainy season.
By the way, Saputara hill station is also present some distance away from this hill station, and compared to Saputara, this hill station is small and is also known as Mini Saputara. If you want to experience a long journey then this hill station is perfect.
It is 130 km from Surat, 120 km from Saputara, 250 km from Mumbai, 80 km from Navsari, 60 km from Valsad, 485 km from Ahmedabad, and 27 km from Dharampur city. there is a very winding road about 20 km.
Also Read – Datar Hills, Junagadh
Wilson hills Things to do
There are many things to do in Wilson Hills where you can enjoy beautiful views of nature, visit beautiful areas and major points. You can go for a picnic.
If you are a nature lover, you can also do photography and take beautiful photos. One can see the villages and their houses around here. If you are an adventure lover, you can climb hills.
You can enjoy the pleasant weather and fog here during the monsoon. When you reach the destination, you can start the journey to the main point of this hill.
The Barumal Temple, situated in the middle of the hills, is the main attraction of Wilson Hills. It will take you a total of 40 minutes to reach the top.
Wilson hills attractions
Wilson Hill Station and its surrounding special attractions are the major points worth seeing especially the Ozone Valley, Sunrise-Sunset Point, Sangemarmar Chhatri (Marble Umbrella), Dharampur City, Wilson Hills Museum, and Shankar Waterfall. Here I have also shown Wilson hill station images.
1. Barumal Shiva Temple – This Shiva temple is a major tourist destination located on the roadside connecting Wilson Hills and Dharampur.
2. District Science Center – Located in Dharampur district, this center has to give knowledge to the people about the methods used to preserve the nature and environment of Wilson Hills.
3. Lady Wilson Museum – Wilson Hills Museum, also known as Lady Wilson Museum, you can get information about the housing artifacts and antiques related to history.
4. Bilpudi Twin Waterfalls – Located about 10 km from Dharampur city, Bilpudi Twin Waterfalls, also known as Mavli Mata Falls, is a great place to have a spectacular view. When the water of 30 feet and 20 feet falls from the waterfall here, the beauty of the waterfall is worth seeing.
5. Ozone Valley – This place is 0.5 kilometers from the center of Wilson Hills. You can see the greenery of nature with your friends and family.
6. Sunrise Point – From this point, you can see the sun rising from the middle of the hills, but for this, you have to reach early in the morning.
7. Sunset Point – From this point, you can see a beautiful view of the sun setting from the middle of the hills and for this, you have to reach there at the time of sunset.
8. Sangemarmar Chhatri (Marble Umbrella) – It is at the top of Point Wilson Hills and from here you can see the real beauty of this hill and enjoy the beautiful views.
9. Shankar Waterfall Point – People who love waterfalls should not miss these points. This waterfall is located about 6 kilometers from Wilson Hills.
Wilson Hills Best Time To Visit)
Hill stations are worth visiting during summers as it is a place where you can enjoy the beautiful plains and pleasant weather of nature and Wilson Hill is a very good example of this.
There is hardly any time to visit Wilson Hill except the rainy season (July – September). During monsoon, you get to see the fog here and at that time you can enjoy the greenery of nature and the pleasant weather.
Where to Stay
If you want to stay in Wilson hills hotels then there is only Wilson hill resort and restaurants to stay here. Wilson Hills Resort is located in Dharampur, Pagambari in the Valsad district.
Apart from this, there are some Huts where you can stay. If you take food and drink yourself, it would be more right because here you can see a lack of facilities.
How to Reach
The best way to reach Wilson Hill Station is by road. If you have your own vehicle then you can easily reach Wilson hill by the road.
You can travel to Wilson Hills by road and air. There is no way to reach here by train, you have to go to Dharampur by road.
To travel by road one has to go to Valsad town via NH 48 and later on State Highway GJ SH 181 which is 54 km from GJ SH 181 and 25 km from Dharampur city GJ SH 181. You can also go to Wilson Hills this way.
Talking about the air route, the first one has to reach Surat Airport (STV) which is 99 km away. You can then drive along National Highway 48 or reach Wilson Hill via buses.
Read it in Hindi विल्सन हिल्स के बारे में
Wilson Hills Map